Emergency - 911
Life Threatening Emergency
If you see fire, experience a destructive earthquake, a crime being committed, or any person experiencing trauma or harm, call 911.
If a person is any of the following:
- In extreme pain
- Bleeding profusely
- Unable to move
- Confused or unable to state their name or location
- Asking for medical assistance
If you suspect a medical emergency but are unsure of the severity, please call the Non-Emergency Fire Paramedics 1-800-688-8000
Stay with the injured party until help arrives. If your own safety is compromised, leave the person and try to maintain visual contact.
- Drop — Cover — Hold
- Inside: Avoid windows and unsecured furniture
- Outside: Move to a clear area, away from poles and wires
- When the shaking stops, remain in place and survey your situation
- If your building or home appears to be unsafe, begin evacuation if it is safe to do so
- Assemble at your designated meeting point or the Hollywood Bowl parking lots
- Use text communication rather than telephone communication
- For more information, please click here.
You are encouraged to make a communication and evacuation plan from your home or business.
If you have not made a plan or are unable to carry it out, please assemble at the parking lots of The Hollywood Bowl.
Await further instruction from emergency personnel and staff.
If you have a non-emergency, please refer to the numbers and websites listed on our homepage.
You can sign up alerts from the City and County of Los Angeles
For a list of Los Angeles-based news and media operations, click here.